Sports dietitian and strength coach with 11 years in the sports performance industry.
Results driven methods and practices; focused on performance; delivering results in a private practice and team setting. experience.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Experienced working with coaches, athletes, and organizations.
- M.S. Nutrition Sciences, Texas Woman’s University, 2016
- Thesis: Effects of a 500 Mile Backpacking Journey on the Performance of a Competitive Powerlifter
- M.S. Nutrition Sciences, Texas Tech University, 2008
Certifications and Licenses
- RDN, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Licensed Dietitian
- CSSD, Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics, SCAN
- CSCS, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, NSCA
- USA Weightlifting, Level 1 Sport Performance Certification
- USA Powerlifting, Club Coach Certification
- CC, Competent Communicator, Toastmasters International
Experience and Qualifications
- Director of Sports Nutrition and Nutrition Instructor, Tennessee Tech University, 2016-current
- Sports Dietitian & Strength Coach, Food and Fitness LLC, 2011-2016
- Dietetic Intern, Texas Woman’s University, 2010-2011
- Personal Trainer, TWU Fit & Rec, 2009-2010
- Dietary Technician, Lewisville Medical Center, 2008-2009
- Sales: Responsible for 6 figure sales in third year of business
- Results: Worked with a diverse population of coaches and athletes to deliver performance and body composition results ahead of schedule
- Team building: Hired, trained, and manage full service staff including kinesiologists, strength coach, private chef, and licensed counselor
- Published: Developed two comprehensive books on nutrition, fat loss, and personal fitness
- Public speaking: Presented at Dallas, Fort Worth, and North Dietetic Association Spring Seminar on combining the expertise of registered dietitians with strength coaches and personal trainers
- Team performance: Developed and implemented nutrition and performance program for 10+ person amateur cycling team; Revoluzion Racing
- Individual performance: Collegiate athletes- 30 pound fat loss in Tennessee State running back in off season.
- Endurance sports: Distance cycling athlete initially finishing in last half of races to consistent top 3 after nutrition program implemented.
- Strength sports: Coached multiple amateur weightlifters into state and national record holder in powerlifting through the World Association of Benchers and Deadlifters and Natural Athlete Strength Association.
- Health and wellness: 100+ pound weight loss in post stroke diabetic client.
Working with Coaches and Athletes
- Team building: Meet with coaches and athletes to assess needs, develop nutrition systems, and deliver results based programs.
- Personal development: Personal achievements as a powerlifter and ultra endurance athlete have given me the ability to personally relate to nutrition and training demands of athletes.
- Practical application: Developing hands on programs such as grocery store tours with individuals and working with private chef to create menus and meal plans for athletes.
|● Professional Hockey
● Professional Cycling
● Professional Fitness Modeling
● Collegiate Football
● Collegiate Soccer
● High School Baseball
● High School Wrestling
|● Collegiate and Amateur Gymnastics
● Amateur Soccer
● Fortune 500 and 100 Companies, wellness programs
● FDIC, wellness programs
Personal Sports Accomplishments
- Completed solo 500 mile through hike on the Colorado Trail, 2015
- Texas state record holder in powerlifting with Natural Athlete Strength Association, 2015
- Powerlifting, World Association of Benchers and Deadlifters, National Qualifier, 2014
- Physique Competitor, National Gym Association, Competitor, 2014
- American Ninja Warrior, Competitor, 2012
- Wrestling, LISD, Varsity Wrestler, 2000-2004
Speaking engagements and committees:
- Soaring High Conference, TnTech. 2016. “Mindless Eating- How to fix your diet without thinking about it.”
- College of Human Ecology marketing committee co-chair, 2016
*updates coming soon