Nutrition and exercise go hand in hand to maintain optimal health. Nutrition and exercise assist in maintaining physical health, mental health, improved mood, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, promote weight loss or prevent weight gain, and enhance the quality of sleep. Calories and nutrients are essential to fuel the body before exercise, replenish the body after exercise, and to feel better overall. Incorporating proper nutrition and physical activity into your daily routine is critical for staying healthy at any age.
-Free weights & cardio
-Hydro massage beds
-Styku 3-D Scanner
-Group fitness classes
-Sports team training
-Youth group fitness classes
-Online programming platform
Burnett Fitness Center (TTU)
-Great for TTU students/ TTU alumni/ TTU Faculty/Staff
-Weight room, cardio room, track, gym, racquet ball courts, climbing wall
-Rental equipment options: (biking, camping, kayaking, etc)
Cane Creek Park
-Paved walking/jogging paths
-Cardio/ strength equipment
-Free fitness training
-Racquet ball courts
-Functional fitness area
-Paved walking/ jogging paths
–Group fitness classes
–Cardio/ strength training equipment
Tips for Choosing a Gym
A gym is not necessary to work out, but many prefer the gym environment. Choosing a gym can be overwhelming, so here are some tips to help choose the best fit.
- Make a list of your “must haves” in the gym and determine if that gym fits your list.
- Browse social media and check out their website to see if it best fits you.
- See if that gym offers a free trial pass. Signing up for a free trial can help determine if that gym is the best before signing a contract.
- Determine all of the details. See if there are discounts, group classes, tanning beds, massages, etc. Make sure the equipment fits your work out style.
- Determine if the location best suits your lifestyle. Maybe you want to hit the gym on lunch break, before work, or after work. Determine if that gym is going to fit the commute you will make