Working with a Registered Dietitian can be a big decision. At Cookeville Nutrition Experts we want you to get the most out of your efforts. These tips will help you get the most out of your coaching.
- Make sure you are working with a Registered Dietitian. The term “nutritionist” is not a legal definition and anyone- qualified or not- can assume that title. Make sure you are working with a RD. Your insurance should also cover some or all of your fees.
- Fill out your intake paperwork thoughtfully. Think about your medical history and write down everything that pertains to you and your goals. A better background report helps the dietitian get to work catering the program to your needs.
- Record your food intake. A food journal helps the dietitian get a better understanding of your preferences and needs. Its as easy as writing it down or you can use apps, like the one we use with our clients. If you sign up with us, you will be given access to our custom food tracking app.
- Be honest- with yourself, and with your dietitian. We won’t judge you. We are are here to help.
- Follow through- come to your sessions whether you feel like the past few weeks have been a success or not. We are here to coach you through the tough times too.